If you have agreed to include your business’ Instagram account in your sale, you’ll be responsible for handing the account over to them during the transfer process.
Here is how to transfer ownership of you Instagram account:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Click the Settings icon. This can be found near the top right of the profile page.
- If Two-Factor Authentication is enabled, you will need to disable it. You can do this bu tapping the Two-factor Authentication link in the settings.
- In Settings, click on Linked Accounts. Make sure that your Buyer has access to any accounts you plan to transfer that are listed here (ie. Facebook Business Page, Twitter Account). If there are any linked accounts you will be not transferring to your Buyer, you will remove them here.
- In Settings, click on Payments. Under “Profile” and “Security”, remove any credit cards or PINs on file.
- To change the contact information on file, click Edit Profile. Then scroll down to the “Private Information” header.
- Remove the phone number and click “Next”.
- Lastly, edit the email to match the Buyer’s email address. Once you do this, click “Done”.
If Instagram sends an email asking you to confirm this change by clicking an “It was me” button, forward this email to the Buyer so that they can confirm this themselves.